Anki is an awesome app that uses spaced repetition learning to memorize and learn things efficiently.
The reason I am not currently using it is because I find the philosophy of
Knowing something is knowing where it is written down. much more effective than memorizing things. And I am pretty fast on the computer already so looking something up is 'nearly' as fast as retrieving something from memory. Also I believe that doing something that you want to get good at a lot of times is the only real way to learn and master anything. That said, Anki is pretty great for learning vocabulary for a language as that is something where memorization and 'knowing' some thing is actually important. But even then being immersed in the environment where you try to speak the language is much more effective.
Remnote seems like a better version of Anki as it integrates note taking into the flow.
A language isn’t something you learn so much as something you join.
- Review all cards every day, not just one topic. Ensure that you're not hitting the "Review limit" on a deck.
- Use tags: Tag all cards that are more likely to appear on your exam and review them more often.
- Use Lapses: if you fail a card n times, then let it be suspended and work on rewording it.
- Reduce the amount of time spend on cards. If you do not have near-instant recall, mark it as "Again" and spend more time learning.
- Image Occlusion Enhanced - Lets you create cards that hide parts of an image to test your knowledge of that hidden information.
- Night Mode
- Review Heatmap - Your learning performance at a glance.
- Anki works due to the exponential decay of memory - The better you know a card, the less often that it'll be shown to you.
- Augmenting Long-term Memory (2018)
- What are your personal Anki Tips?
- Leitner method
- Effective learning: Twenty rules of formulating knowledge
- Anki Airtable - Anki plugin that can synchronize an Airtable to Anki when Anki starts up.
- Everything I Know: Strategies, Tips, and Tricks for Anki
- Spaced Repetition for Efficient Learning
- Mochi - Take notes and make flashcards using markdown, then study them using spaced repetition. (HN)
- MDAnki - Converts Markdown file(s) to the Anki cards. (HN)
- AnkiConnect - Anki plugin to expose a remote API for creating flash cards.
- LearnObit - Learning tool (Anki & WorkFlowy in one). (HN)
- Anki Sync Server - Personal Anki sync server (so you can sync against your own server rather than AnkiWeb).
- Barbra - Lets classmates create online study groups to share flashcards, notes, and goals with one another. (HN)
- Awesome Anki
- genanki - Library for Generating Anki Decks.
- Spaced repetition, Anki and Execute Program (2020)
- Why I Switched to SuperMemo After Using Anki 5 Years, 50k Cards and 420k Reviews (2018)
- Anki as Learning Superpower: Computer Science Edition (2020) (HN)
- Memorai - AI memory assistant – remember everything you read. (Code)
- How to Learn to Code I: Use SRS and Anki (2020)
- mu - Advanced Unix-style Spaced Repetition System.
- memordo - Flashcard platform that supports latex and code highlighting. (HN)
- Anki Code
- Obsidian to Anki - Script to add flashcards from text/markdown files to Anki.
- go-anki - Go library to read Anki *.apkg files.
- Closet - Powerful templating engine for use in flashcards, especially Anki flashcards. (Docs)
- Omen Flashcards - Beautifully designed, habit-forming flashcards.
- Memo - Open-source, programming-oriented spaced repetition software (SRS) written in Flutter.
- 21st Night - Anki alternative with integrated notes and import/export. (HN)
- Taking Spaced Repetition Seriously (2021)
- ankisyncd - Self-hosted Anki sync server.
- How to Make Anki Cards from lectures/videos (2020)
- Note Garden - Tool for your learning, like Anki and Notion in one. (HN)
- genanki-rs - Rust Crate for Generating Anki Decks.
- Cloze Overlapper for Anki - List memorization made easy.
- apy - CLI script for interacting with local Anki collection.
- markdown-anki-decks - Tool for converting markdown files into anki decks.
- On Anki's Database (2022) (HN)
- Prepform - AI and spaced-repetition to optimize learning. (HN)
- Logseq Anki Sync - Logseq to Anki Flashcards integration plugin.
- Ankify - Converts notes to Anki cards. (HN)
- Copy notes - Copy cards, either as new cards, or preserving intervals, ease, etc., from the original card.
- Ask HN: Anyone using Anki/Spaced-repetition successfully? (2022)
- Memcode - Spaced-repetition: for coders and scientists. (Code)