I personally like to take small amount of clean well tested MDMA or 5-MAPB combo on truly special occasions. Usually as a therapeutic session with my partner. No more than once a year. Even if your relationship is already open to all kind of communication, MDMA helps bring all barriers down and all issues can be discussed freely if there are any or you can simply enjoy each other's company and listen to great music together or play games.
Using a chewing gum for duration of the trip is useful as you can easily bite off parts of mouth's skin. As well as drinking lots of water.
After taking MDMA, I make sure to recover well. I drink a lot more tea, eat well, exercise and take my other daily supplements as usual as it all helps with recovery. Also find taking Green Tea Extract & 5-HTP on the night of taking MDMA helps.
That keeps MDMA neorotoxicity to its minimum and more importantly having one year breaks between doses makes each experience very special too without ever losing its magic. It's sometimes nice to mix it up with psychedelics, either psilocybin mushrooms or LSD but don't overdo on the doses.
One way I found that helps me not get addicted to substances like MDMA or psychedelics is firstly taking a long break but also not using the drug to 'escape' from my life. The substances enrich my life and I always use it as a learning exercise for myself. I specifically truly love talking to people on the drug as everyone opens up and can speak freely about all kinds of things they wouldn't usually talk about out of fear what someone may think of them or something else.
- MDMA neurotoxicity ultimately happens through oxidation, antioxidants may be able to provide some additional safety margin. An appropriate dose may be 2-4 capsules or tablets of each around the same time that you take the ‘ecstasy’ pills. In one mouse experiment, mice fed a severely vitamin E deficient diet suffered severe neurotoxicity from a dose of MDMA that didn’t noticeably harm mice on a normal (plenty of vitamin E) diet.
- 5-HTP is a direct serotonin precursor, meaning that it directly gets converted to serotonin via a decarboxylation that a specific enzyme performs. Now, it is well known that excessive amounts of serotonin in the blood do mess with the heart due to 5-HT2B receptor agonism. When taking 5-HTP you're increasing the direct serotonin precursor in your body, so more serotonin is very likely to be generated. If the doses of 5-HTP are too high, this may result on very high serotonin levels in blood. And this will be dangerous over time. But unfortunately, there's no way to forecast the amount of serotonin produced from an amount of 5-HTP, it depends on one's own metabolism. The only way to stay absolutely safe, is to keep the 5-HTP doses to a minimum.
- Take green tea extract/EGCG in conjunction with 5-HTP.
- It is good to take 5-HTP and EGCG the night after your experience (assuming you've fully come down) and for 3-7 days after the experience.
- For proper mixing LSD & MDMA, take MDMA 3 hours after LSD. They synergize & potentiate each other so don't take a lot of each.
- If you decide to dose both, I recommend dosing the Molly 3 to 3.5 hours after you dose Lucy. I like to ride the Lucy peak then on the come down the Molly kicks in and creates an altered trip. But if it is your first Lucy trip I'd say stick to only that and become familiar with the effects. Completely up to you though, both experiences are incredible.
- Experts advise to wait at least 3-5 weeks between taking MDMA, and recommend 3 months.
- ~ 100mg is good MDMA dose, anything higher has a lot of negative effects.
- 20mg of 2-FMA, 2mg of 5-meo-mipt, and 80mg of 5-mapb at the same time | supposedly similar to MDMA but with less neurotoxicity
- For Borax combo you need: 1. Selective serotonin releasing agent (like MDAI, MNA, or well, 5-MAPB, although that's not as selective). 2. Dopamine-norepinephrine releasing agent (NDRA), so 2-FMA, 3-FPM or similar. 3. 5-HT1A receptor agonist. Most psychedelics hit that receptor, low dose of a 4-substituted tryptamine of your choice is perfect. Ideally you want your 3 substances to have roughly the same onset and duration, so you can take them all at once. Dosage depends a lot on the individual (body weight, tolerance, and how strong you prefer your rolls). You can freely adjust every part of it though, if for example you enjoy a very physically stimulating experience, you can go for a higher dose of the stimulant; if you want more visuals and headspace, go for something like 15mg 4-HO-MET instead of 5mg, and so on.
- MDMA is chiefly acting at serotonin receptor sites and so often doesn't get serious attention as an addictive substance. However, MDMA also interacts at the oxytocin receptor sites; this can induce feelings of connectedness, closeness, nurturing, and love. Furthermore, as illustrated recently by the MAPS trials looking at PTSD, MDMA reduces activity in the amygdala (lessening fear responses), and increases activity in the vmpFC (in essence, executive control). For people who are running away from trauma--a, if I might say, "large" sub-demographic of addicts/substance abusers, not feeling fear in conjunction with feeling control, love, and euphoria is a perfect experience and often, addictive.
- Take around 500-600mg of 5-HTP day after your roll.
- Achieving naturally high levels of serotonin, by reaching a place where you are confident and happy with yourself, is in many ways nicer than the MDMA high. Mainly because you know it’s natural. Because you know this is YOU. You know that this isn’t just some fleeting feeling. This is your life now. You did this yourself.
- RollSafe - MDMA education website.
- VitaPLUR - Harm Prevention gum. Grapefruit and Magnesium-Infused.
- How to Use MDMA Safely
- How to “safely” take MDMA
- HN: MDMA-assisted couples therapy investigated in pilot trial (2020)
- Can I ever roll on MDMA like the first time? (2021)
- MDMA Reaches Next Step Toward Approval for Treatment (2021)
- Why does MDMA cause a comedown while psilocybin may promote neurogenesis? (2021)
- How MDMA works briefly
- Neurotoxicity of "ecstasy" and its metabolites in human dopaminergic differentiated SH-SY5Y cells
- MDMA Supplementation
- Rollkit - Rave Recovery Kits.
- MDMA Supplements Guide
- N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) and MDMA's magic
- MDMA reopens child-like “critical periods” in the brain (2021) (HN)
- Trust Surrender Receive: How MDMA Can Release Us From Trauma and PTSD by Anne Other (2017)
- A Manual for MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy in the Treatment of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- A step-by-step guide to reducing MDMA neurotoxicity
- How to run an "acetone wash" on MDMA to remove caffeine, leftover precursors and some other impurities
- Making MDMA from scratch
- Current understanding of 5-MAPB toxicity and harm reduction strategies
- M&M Clips: Is MDMA Neurotoxic?
- Neurotoxicity of ecstasy (MDMA): an overview
- What you need to know before taking MDMA
- Is MDMA Neurotoxic?
- Explanation of how 5-HTP works and if it's safe to use