In spirit of maximizing outcomes, I want more amazing, kind and happy humans all around the globe and I want to do my part in making a dent on the world. My workflow below is what makes me move faster in life, I hope it helps/inspires you too in some way. ♥️
- Rules - Lessons learned encoded as rules.
- Goals - Gives focus and direction.
- Processes - Streamlines doing some things.
- VS Code - Main editor. Write mostly Go & TS.
- Sublime Text - Edit markdown (wiki, articles).
- Vim - Edit my Karabiner config with it.
- Xcode - Swift/SwiftUI.
- Dash to search docs.
- Height - Project tasks. Personal goals/ideas tracking.
- 2Do - Personal tasks. Every task is actionable, tagged appropriately and sorted by priority.
- GitHub - Issues/PRs for projects I care about.
- Fantastical - Plan meetings & events.
- Calendly - Sharing my availability for efficient event arrangement.
- Luma - Organizing online & IRL events. Sending newsletter updates for events.
- Wiki - Everything I know written out and quickly searched with My Mind.
- Articles - Long form writing.
- Curated lists
- Looking back - Public log of things I made & thought about. Reflect on the past to grow.
- Dictionary macOS app - Search wiki fast.
- Alfred - Search everything with it.
- Alfred My Mind - Search my entire corpus of useful to me references. Extension of my brain.
- Safari - Only bookmark personal links which I search with Safari Assistant.
- Apple Photos - My personal photo/video/memories collection. Includes other media files (art/references/..) sorted by folder. Use Slidebox to quickly delete or sort photos into albums.
News & Learning
- Staying on top of things - My approach to getting news and staying on top of things.
- Finance - Invest into ideas I care about.
- Static sites (landing pages) / Blogs - Solid
- Web Apps - Solid
- Server APIs - Go. Deployed on GCP Cloud Run or Fly.io or on Cloudflare Workers with Hono.
- Scripts & CLI tools - Deno or Go
- Database - SQLite or Postgres. Use Prisma for queries. EdgeDB is amazing too.
- GraphQL - GraphJin or Graphile Starter
- Auth (SSO, 2FA) - Firebase Auth if I use Firebase. Otherwise User table modeled well.
- iOS/macOS apps - Swift/SwiftUI. Use Composable Architecture.
- Docs - Docusaurus
- GitHub - Code sharing & collaboration. Issues & Roadmaps for OSS projects. Want Height/Linear level desktop client for GitHub. Like Ship.
- Height - All internal projects. Also have
Personalboard to realign ideas I work on with my big focuses for the month.
- Notion - Everything wiki, collaboration. Team Docs.
- Discord or Telegram - According to type & size of project. Small community/project, Telegram group is great. Open source or community project, Discord. More corporate, maybe Slack. But it's super expensive & unusable for open communities.
- Figma - Design, mockups, visual prototyping.
- Loom - Video screen sharing & collaboration.
- Metabase - Quick insights/analytics from data. Hooks up to Postgres easily & lets you run intuitive queries & make dashboards.
- Google Domains - Domain purchase, handling. Gives you free email forwarding.
- Cloudflare Workers preferred for APIs. Fly & Railway are nice too.
- For serving websites, Vercel, Netlify are great. I try use Cloudflare Pages as my API is on Cloudflare Workers already.
- AWS/GCP have some niche useful services I use too.
- Excalidraw - Quick sketches, thinking things through.
- Sublime Merge - Visual Git interface. Nice way to see changes + past commits.
- gitupdate - Automate commits. Use it for all doc, curated list updates and as commits inside feature branches (branch gets squashed after with proper commit).