One of my bigger passions in life is being able to do more with less. Life is short and I want to maximize the fun outcomes in life.
In spirit of maximizing outcomes, I want more amazing, kind and happy humans all around the globe and I want to do my part in making a dent on the world. My workflow below is what makes me move faster in life, I hope it helps/inspires you too in some way. ♥️
This is an extension of everything I know.
- Rules - Lessons learned encoded as rules.
- Goals - Gives focus and direction.
- Processes - Streamlines doing some things.
- VS Code - Main editor for code.
- Sublime Text - Editing wiki mostly in combination with Obsidan.
- Xcode - Swift/SwiftUI.
- Dash - Search docs.
- Height - Project tasks. Personal goals/ideas tracking.
- 2Do - Personal tasks. Every task is actionable, tagged appropriately and sorted by priority.
- GitHub - Issues/PRs for projects I care about.
- Fantastical - Plan meetings & events.
- Calendly - Sharing my availability for efficient event arrangement.
- Luma - Organizing online & IRL events. Sending newsletter updates for events.
- Google Meet or Discord (voice/video chats)
Knowledge / learning
- Wiki - Everything I know written out and quickly searched with My Mind.
- Looking back - Public log of things I made & thought about. Reflect on the past to grow.
- ChatGPT used via desktop app. And Bing app on iOS.
- Dictionary macOS app - Search wiki fast.
- Articles - Long form writing.
- Curated lists
- Alfred - Search everything with it.
- Alfred My Mind - Search my entire corpus of useful to me references. Extension of my brain.
- Safari - Only bookmark personal links which I search with Safari Assistant.
- Apple Photos - My personal photo/video/memories collection. Includes other media files (art/references/..) sorted by folder. Use Slidebox to quickly delete or sort photos into albums.
- Tracking - Track many things for reference.
- Things I own - Track items I own & use.
News & Learning
- Staying on top of things - My approach to getting news and staying on top of things.
- Finance - Invest into ideas I care about.
- Static sites / Docs / Web Apps - Solid
- HTTP APIs - Hono deployed on Cloudflare Workers. Or Go/Rust packaged as lean Docker container with Nix. Deployed on Cloud Run or Fly.io or own hardware with Hetzner.
- CLI/scripts - TS ran with Bun. Or Go/Rust.
- DB - Grafbase preferred for ease of use. SQLite for local DB in iOS/Tauri apps. Postgres/PlanetScale are nice too combined with Drizzle ORM or Kysely. EdgeDB is neat as well.
- Auth (SSO, 2FA) - GitHub/Google single sign on auth preferred.
- iOS - Swift/SwiftUI. Use Composable Architecture.
- Desktop - Tauri that wraps over Solid web app.
- Docs - Docusaurus or VitePress
- GitHub - Code sharing & collaboration. Issues & Roadmaps for OSS projects. Want Height/Linear level desktop client for GitHub. Like Ship.
- Height - All internal projects. Also have
Personalboard to realign ideas I work on with my big focuses for the month.
- Notion - Everything wiki, collaboration. Team Docs.
- Discord or Telegram - According to type & size of project. Small community/project, Telegram group is great. Open source or community project, Discord. More corporate, maybe Slack. But it's super expensive & unusable for open communities.
- Figma - Design, mockups, visual prototyping.
- Loom - Video screen sharing & collaboration.
- Metabase - Quick insights/analytics from data. Hooks up to Postgres easily & lets you run intuitive queries & make dashboards.
- Google Domains - Domain purchase, handling. Gives you free email forwarding.
- Cloudflare Workers preferred for APIs. Fly & Railway are nice too.
- For serving websites, Vercel, Netlify are great. Also looking into Cloudflare Pages as my API is on Cloudflare Workers already.
- AWS/GCP have some niche useful services I use too.
- Excalidraw - Quick sketches, thinking things through.
- State - createSignal & Nano Store.
- Queries - Solid Query
- Performance check - use WebPageTest
- Feedback Fin for collecting feedback.
- Components - Tailwind UI, React Aria, Stitches
- Adyen for cheaper fees. Stripe Checkout has nice DX though.
- Sublime Merge - Visual Git interface. Nice way to see changes + past commits.
- gitupdate - Automate commits. Use it for all doc, curated list updates and as commits inside feature branches (branch gets squashed after with proper commit).
- Format all code automatically. Prettier for most things. Black for Python. swift-format for Swift.
- Forms: Write in code. Reform seems nice too.