I love meeting new people. Best places to meet people are usually events of some kind. As well as asking to meet for coffee or just a virtual call.
I add any person I found interesting to my contacts. Luma is my preferred way to organize events. Guild and Circle seem nice too.
Neat event pages
- Awesome events
- HN: Meetup.com alternatives (2019)
- DEV event listings
- DEV events
- IRL DEV
- Cete - Place for speakers and event organisers to collaborate.
- Как правильно приглашать на встречи (2019)
- zmurl - Organize delightful Zoom events.
- Is going to conferences useless for learning? How do you learn? (2020)
- Tito - Faster, more flexible platform for selling tickets online.
- yellobox - Providing Event Organisers with Attendee digital marketing and Exhibitor lead-capture 'in a box'.
- Hopin - Event Technology Platform for Virtual, Hybrid, and Online Experiences. (GitHub)
- Perpetua Project - Redefining the meaning of network through curated connections and events.
- Ribbon - Automate virtual ticketing, event websites, and customer communication using Zoom for video.
- DevX Conf
- Vendelux - Supercharge networking at events and conferences.
- TicketSwap - Safest way to buy and sell e-tickets. (GitHub)
- How to move a 400-person hackathon online (2021)
- Slingshow - Easily build custom virtual events and webinars. (HN)
- Awesome Creative Tech Events
- SeatGeek - Your Ticket to Sports, Concerts & More. (GitHub)
- Skittish - Playful space for online events. (HN)
- Electromagnetic Field - Non-profit UK camping festival.
- Alpine Conferences
- Virtual Conference Resources
- I'm running self-hosted conferences, full-time. (2022)
- Meetup Toolkit - Collection of resources to make organizing meetups easier.
- Onin - Plan events without leaving the chat. (Twitter)
- entrofy - Participant selection for workshops and conferences made easy. Selection of participants for meetings as a discrete optimization problem.
- Astral Ship - Innovative pirateship for a change-maker collective. (Twitter)
- Con Event - Two days of ten-minute talks to celebrate the joyous, exciting, and surprising moments in computing.
- Rules for Conferences (2019) (HN)
- World's Fair Co (Twitter)
- Guild - Attend and host events.
- Luma - Helps you foster meaningful relationships within your community through events, newsletters, and insights.
- Developers Conferences Agenda/List
- Awesome How to Run Events
- How to Run an Event That Doesn’t Suck (2022) (HN)
- Ask HN: Where are all the parties? (2023)
- Q&A (Code)