Dragonflydb seems like a good alternative.
- Mcrouter - Memcached protocol router for scaling memcached deployments.
- SRE's guide to Memcached for building scalable applications (2020) (Lobsters)
- Rend - Memcached proxy that manages data chunking and L1 / L2 caches.
- Twemcache - Twitter Memcached. Modified to make to suitable for the large scale production environment at Twitter.
- Load tester/fuzzer for memcached
- Scaling Memcache at Facebook (2021)
- Memcached vs Redis - More Different Than You Would Expect (2021) (HN)
- pymemcache - Comprehensive, fast, pure-Python memcached client.
- memc.rs - General-purpose distributed memory cache system compatible with Memcached. (Code) (HN)
- twemproxy - Multi-process, fast and lightweight proxy for memcached and redis protocol.
- gomemcached - memcached binary protocol toolkit in go.
- Memcached Exporter for Prometheus
- memcache-async - No-frills async memcached client for Rust.
- lua-resty-memcached - Lua memcached client driver for the ngx_lua based on the cosocket API.
- Dragonflydb - Modern replacement for Redis and Memcached. (HN) (Web)
- Memcache Swift - Non-blocking, event-driven Swift client for Memcached built on SwiftNIO.
- memcached-rs - Memcached library in Rust.
- aiomcache - Minimal asyncio memcached client.
- zcache - In-memory key:value store/cache (similar to Memcached) library for Go, suitable for single-machine applications.
- hatrie_cache - Distributed memcache using HAT-Trie.
- mtop - top for Memcached.