Good processes are essential for any kind of repeated success. Below are some personal processes I try follow for myself when doing certain things.
I think of my rules as boundaries within I try to operate my life. And processes are series of steps I should take when doing certain things. Some are vaguer than others. If I do them enough times, they become part of my habits.
- Wake up at ~ 9:00.
- If with dogs, go take dogs outside (listen to podcasts/books a bit)
- Shower. Wash body + skin care on face. Brush teeth. Wear new clothes.
- If with dogs, give food to dogs + 2 pills for Rachel (put in bowl).
- Make tea (big kettle)
- 4 eggs + salad (tomatoes + avocado + feta + ..). Optional smoothie.
- Take 2 omega 3 pills + 1 magnesium
- Twitter 2 feeds actively, snapshot github/lobsters/hn/reddit. (should be automated asap, have my own algorithm for surfacing useful to me things, removing noise)
- Work through todos!
- If with dogs, take dogs on longer walk (podcast/book listen) at least once for ~ 1h.
- Do some exercise outside (sit ups + push ups).
- Put clothes to clean so there are always clean clothes available.
- Keep good back (no slouch) and always work outside in terrace when you can.
- Take notes on everything I learn and be productive and aggressive on completing todos! Share progress made / thoughts on Twitter.
- Drink a lot of tea throughout the day. Always keep hydrated more than necessary.
- No coffee + no sweets. Just eggs + salad + fish or healthy proteins.
- If with dogs, walk dogs + podcast/book.
- If with dogs, give dogs food.
- Skin care face + brush teeth. Clean myself.
- Write / voice memo transcribe the day's progress & how I feel in look back.
- Go to sleep. Always clean bed sheets.
End of week (Sunday)
- Reflect on week in look back.
- Make/check general plans for next week. Especially projects to focus on!
End of month (1st day of month)
- Reflect on the month in look back.
- Review finances & investments. Cut out non needed expenses. Reinvest where necessary.
- Make/check general plans for next month. Especially projects to focus on! Am I more happy month to month?
- Read about the topic/concept. Wiki/Google.
- Apply insights & act on it. Teach/write/build something related to the topic/concept.
- Note down points I want to cover & start writing.
- Refactor. Ask for feedback. Make it concise. Publish.
- Read. Note anything interesting.
- Read contribution guidelines. Understand problem being solved. Understand data model & data flow.
- Think URL structure / data model.
- Build. Get feedback. Evolve.