- MessagePack - Like JSON but smaller and faster. (HN) (Lobsters)
- MessagePack implementation for C and C++
- FlatBuffers - Cross platform serialization library architected for maximum memory efficiency.
- Apache Thrift - Allows you to define data types and service interfaces in a simple definition file. (Code)
- FlatBuffers - Was designed around schemas, because when you want maximum performance and data consistency, strong typing is helpful. (HN)
- Binn - Binary data serialization format designed to be compact, fast and easy to use.
- KDL Document Language - Meant to be used both as a serialization format and a configuration language, much like JSON, YAML, or XML.
- Awesome Serialization - Data formats useful for API, Big Data, ML, Graph.