Everything I know
Page of things I consider myself knowledgeable of. Similar in spirit to Dan's post on things he doesn't know.
- Karabiner: I bind all most common actions I do on my mac via Karabiner and my custom modifier keys (
akey is control,
wopens apps, ..).
- macOS: How to operate it very fast. Especially with apps like KM, Alfred, VSCode.
- Solid: Using it for all my web apps and static sites. Love how it takes all the best parts of React (component tree model with one way data flow & JSX) but does it better due to fine grained reactivity & avoiding VDOM thus being much faster than React. I try to be conscious of performance in all my projects.
- Go: Prefer using Go for all code I want to run not in the browser (scripts, web services, servers of all kinds) due to it's fast compile speeds & performance.
- EdgeDB - My DB of choice for all projects. Sits on top of Postgres but has insanely well made query language & declarative schema modeling that is a breeze to edit. Nearly all queries are easy to construct & are super fast without doing any optimizations.
- SQLite: Use it for whenever I need an embedded database. Local apps etc. Exploring local first architectures like Replicache & Logux.
- Cloudflare Workers & Cloudflare R2: Looking into using it as distributed cache & small data store. Hono seem like a nice library for workers. Cloudflare in general has great web services I like using.
- Swift & SwiftUI: Build all native apps with them.
- TS & Deno/Bun: Use TS in all my web apps. Also exploring Deno/Bun for writing small scripts/automations.
- Nix: Use it as my main package manager.
What I'm learning now can be found in Notion Goals board.
Choosing what to learn is ideally due to making some idea I am excited about come alive.
Or I am curious about something and want to explore. Lately it's been: