Everything I know
Page of topics I consider myself knowledgeable of. Similar in spirit to Dan's post on things he doesn't know.
My entire workflow is outlined here.
- Karabiner: I bind all most common actions I do on my mac via Karabiner and my custom modifier keys (
akey is control,
wopens apps, ..).
- macOS: How to operate it very fast. Especially with apps like KM, Alfred/Raycast, VSCode.
- Solid: Using it for all my web apps and static sites. Love how it takes all the best parts of React (component tree model with one way data flow & JSX) but does it better due to fine grained reactivity & avoiding VDOM thus being much faster than React. I try to be conscious of performance in all my projects.
- TS: Use TS in all my web apps, CLIs (using Bun) and serverless endpoints (using Hono) until performance is actually needed.
- Go: Great for writing native code due to its fast compile speeds & out of the box performance.
- Rust: Exploring using Rust more, mostly because Tauri & WASM are great.
- Grafbase: Using Grafbase currently as my data store that exposes GraphQL and has fast response times as its built on top of DynamoDB and is replicated globally. EdgeDB is interesting alternative as it builds on top of Postgres but has well made query language & declarative schema modeling that is a delight to edit. Nearly all queries are easy to construct & are fast without doing any optimizations. Planetscale is nice too.
- SQLite: Use it for whenever I need an embedded database. Local apps etc. Exploring local first architectures like Replicache & Logux. Turso is exciting.
- Cloudflare Workers & Cloudflare R2: Looking into using it as distributed cache & small data store. Hono is amazing library. Cloudflare in general has great web services I like using.
- Swift & SwiftUI: Build iOS apps with them. Expo has some great tools and it's my goto for cross platform mobile apps.
- Nix: Use it as my main package manager.
I list all the tools and my approaches to life & solving problems in here. It's constantly updating. I try to automate all the annoying things I encounter.
Currently track in Height as part of goals. In future this will move to LA.
I try to learn things in service of ideas I am building.
Or I am curious about something and want to explore. Lately it's been: