Everything I Know
My entire workflow is outlined here.
- Karabiner: I bind all most common actions I do on my mac via Karabiner and my custom modifier keys (
akey is control,
wopens apps, ..).
- macOS: How to operate it very fast. Especially with apps like KM, Alfred/Raycast, VSCode.
- Solid: Using it for all my web apps and static sites. Love how it takes all the best parts of React (component tree model with one way data flow & JSX) but does it better due to fine grained reactivity & avoiding VDOM thus being much faster than React. I try to be conscious of performance in all my projects.
- Rust: Using Rust a lot to write most code. CLIs, HTTP services. Tauri & WASM are great.
- TS: Use TS in all my web apps, quick CLIs (using Bun) and serverless endpoints (using Hono) until non IO is actually needed.
- Go: Great for writing native code due to its fast compile speeds & out of the box performance. Especially great for data processing HTTP services.
- Grafbase: Using Grafbase for most of my GraphQL API gateways to server code.
- EdgeDB is my main server database. It builds on top of Postgres but has well made query language & declarative schema modelling that is a delight to edit. Nearly all queries are easy to construct & are fast without doing any optimisations.
- SQLite: Use it always for all local apps as data store. Or as embedding DB with persistence. Deploy it on the edge with Turso. Exploring local first architectures like Replicache & Logux.
- Cloudflare Workers & Cloudflare R2: Looking into using it as distributed cache & small data store. Hono is amazing library. Cloudflare in general has great web services I like using.
- Swift & SwiftUI: Build iOS apps with them. Expo has some great tools and it's my goto for cross platform mobile apps.
- Nix: Use it as my main package manager. With some Brew + package specific managers like cargo/npm too.
I try to learn things in service of ideas I am building.
Or I am curious about something and want to explore. Lately it's been: