Love reading through Credible Defense daily discussions.
- I look at political philosophy's in a way similar to the various forces of nature. Example. If Gravity was the only force of nature, the universe would be extraordinarily boring. But throw in a few more forces and you get all this crazy shit. I view libertarianism, Conservatism, liberalism, and all your other -ism's as forces that work to create a functional government. I'll wholly agree that any form of government that is 100% a particular political/social ideal will be a horror in one form or another. Why I'm a libertarian, isn't because i advocate the abolishment of government control, but that our government needs to be moved in a more libertarian direction. I think our government, is 1: two damn big 2: to damn invasive. Ergo the force that opposes these is Libertarianism.
- Libertarians want to largely do away with government regulation, but good regulation actually makes an economy more efficient because it accounts for the parts of an economy that aren't part of a contract between two parties. These are what economists call externalities. Sometimes government will price these externalities and charge businesses a fee. Sometimes they can convert the externalities into property rights. Sometimes they just make a rule like "every building needs to be built according to this code".
- The Fight Goes On (2020)
- Pirate Care
- China (2020) (HN)
- HN: Twitter to ban political advertising (2019)
- Reform or Revolution (1900)
- 100 Best Activism Books of All Time
- Spoke - Open source text-distribution tool for organizations to mobilize supporters and members into action.
- Tony Benn - 10 min History Lesson for Neoliberals
- Paul Butler - A snapshot of my politics in 2020
- David Shor’s Unified Theory of American Politics (2020)
- SplitSearch - Simultaneously search conservative and liberal news orgs. (HN)
- Reading Too Much Political News Is Bad for Your Well-Being (2020) (HN)
- The Coinbase post was 100% right. Here's what you can do about it (2020)
- Essays on capitalism/socialism
- Popular Information - Newsletter about politics for people who give a damn.
- Issues with Marxism (2020)
- Book Review: Why We're Polarized (2021) (Reddit)
- Four stages of caring about politics
- Politics would be less crazy if voting were compulsory (2021) (HN)
- Best Way to Learn about Geopolitics (2021)
- Good Times Bad Times - YouTube
- A Compass for the Politics of Collapse: A Short Straightforward Introduction (HN)
- Good geopolitical podcasts or world news podcasts (2021)
- Why Science Can't Settle Political Disputes (2021) (HN)
- CEPA - Transatlantic Geopolitics.
- How the World Went from Post-Politics to Hyper-Politics (2022) (HN)
- The New Era of Great Power Competition | John Mearsheimer & Stephen Walt