Especially for supplements or extra nutritional powders outlined above, I make sure to mostly get all my nutrients from simply eating whole foods. No added sugar. Whilst properly hydrating with water or tea.
Foundations of Physical and Mental Performance is amazing listen.
4 eggs fried + salad (tomatoes + avocado + feta + ..). And take my 2 omega 3 pills + 1 magnesium pill.
Some general ingredients, I don't add everything at once but often mix between these things.
- 2 scoops of Clean Lean Protein (Just Natural taste) (~ 25g)
- 1 scoop of Good Green Vitality (~ 10g)
- 1 tea spoon of Master Blend Mushroom Extracts
- 1 scoop of Creatine (~ 2g)
- 2 raw eggs
- Spinach (for extra fiber)
- Frozen blueberries (for better taste + healthy)
- Plain greek yogurt (for texture)
- Fill with Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk (fill the blender glass)
- Chia, hemp and flax seeds with walnuts on top (not much)
Many times I miss doing this blend as I am either traveling or saving money.
After drinking the smoothie, I also take these supplements, inspired by Rhonda Patrick:
That's often enough to get me going until afternoon at which point, I will either make some cooked food or eat out (healthy).
I don't try to manage my eating of generally healthy natural whole food pescatarian food. Especially as I try to lead a more active lifestyle already.
I generally strictly avoid sugary foods, snacks and drinks. Makes me appreciate the finer tastes of non processed foods and ways you can cook them. I try to experiment with various pescatarian recipes often too.
I sometimes don't eat during evenings so as to fast just a little before I take my morning smoothie on following day.
Also whilst not strictly supplements, I enjoy taking psychedelics with breaks of at least 2+ months. Tryptamines being my favorite, usually consumed through actual home grown psilocybin mushrooms & not some research chemical like 4-AcO-DMT.
Some maybe interesting supplements. Some I tried but stopped.
- AvailOm High DHA Algae Powder - Vegan Friendly Fish Oil.
- Vegan Omega 3 DHA & EPA
- Lions Mane
- Daily Thyroid Care Supplement
- Pregnant women taking 1,000 mg of the omega-3 DHA had 50% fewer early preterm births than women given 200 mg. The high dose DHA also reduced feeding issues and genitourinary and neurologic problems in infants (randomized controlled trial).
- Recent study suggests anti inflammatory meds contribute to chronic pain by preventing an inflammatory process that resets the pain baseline. We have been using these for decades and didn’t catch this. This should make you nervous about playing Guinea pig.
- Iron is needed in the electron transport chain as a component of cytochrome C oxidase. If fewer iron molecules are being prioritized for creating this enzyme, then less oxygen will be reduced at a time. The rest of the Krebs cycle can be in an optimal state but the cycle can only go as fast as the electron transport chain will allow it. I imagine that given a deficiency, the human body will prioritize iron formation in the blood over creating new cytochrome C oxidase since transporting oxygen to cells is more important than running the Krebs cycle at full speed.
- Optimum Nutrition Recommendations
- WFPB supplements (2019)
- Health benefits of lion's mane mushroom (2018)
- Beginner's Guide to Nootropics
- Magnesium and major depression (2011) (HN)
- What are your essential supplements? Like if you could only take a few each day what would you pick? (2019)
- What are the nootropics that are currently believed to be the best at increasing neurogenesis/BDNF? (2019)
- What are supplements/nootropics (almost) everyone should be taking? (2019)
- Oriveda - Has great Lions Mane.
- Dr Rhonda Patrick Supplements List
- Paul Stamets: Psilocybin Mushrooms & The Mycology of Consciousness (2017)
- Jed Fahey, Sc.D. on Isothiocyanates, the Nrf2 Pathway, Moringa & Sulforaphane Supplementation (2017)
- HN: Vitamin D Insufficiency is Prevalent in Severe Covid-19 (2020) (HN 2)
- Vitamin D supplements do not reduce the risk of depression
- Vitamin D, part 1: back to basics (HN)
- Vitamin D, part 2: Shannon's story (2020) (HN)
- The Big Vitamin D Mistake (2017) (HN)
- Do you need to take multivitamins? (2019)
- HN: Multivitamins' 'benefits' are all in your head: study (2020)
- Vitamin D Supplementation Improves Cognitive Function: 12-month RCT (2020) (HN)
- General Notes On Supplements (2020)
- What supplements do you take and why? (2021)
- Ask HN: What supplements do you take? (2021)
- Taking multi vitamins still a waste of money, or no? (2022)
- Vitamin D and Depression (2020) (HN)
- Vitamin D, FOXO3a, and Sirtuin1 in Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and Differentiated Thyroid Cancer (Tweet)
- Why does iron deficiency cause fatigue, even in the absence of anemia? (HN)
- Find out where your supplements are made & sourced (HN)
- Vitamin Cheat Sheet
- Omega-3 fatty acids and exercise: a review of their combined effects (2011) (HN)
- Are vitamins/multivitamins legit?
- The truth about vitamin D synthesis (2022)
- Melatonin: the master antioxidant (2020)
- Free iron as a cause of inflammation (2020)
- Brain Tonic – Multiflora Herbs
- Vitality Tonic – Multiflora Herbs
- Products – Multiflora Herbs
- Are fish oil supplements effective?
- U.G.A. Nutraceuticals supplements
- Nootropics Depot
- Best magnesium supplement
- Best D3 supplement
- Athletic Greens
- Why You Should Avoid Athletic Greens (AG1)
- Garden of Life - Clean Vitamins and Supplements.
- Nuzest - Premium plant based nutrition.
- Respect Food Recipe: Egg Smoothie
- What do you supplement as a vegan? (2022)
- Supplements that worked amazingly for you (2022)
- Omega-3's beneficial effects (Reddit)
- B12 was the missing link I've been looking for
- B12 supplement is crucial
- The FDA Has Banned NMN Supplements (2022)
- 5g creatine daily helps muscle recovery/growth
- Do Supplements Really Help? (2022)
- Top 5 supplements/vitamins/minerals (2022)
- Ask HN: What supplements do you take that have good scientific backing? (2023)
- Blueprint supplements organized into their primary purpose
- Vitamin D Supplements Probably Won't Prevent Mental Illness After All (2023)
- Flaxseed vs Fish Oil - Which Is Better?
- Omega3: Fish vs Algae Oils