Dropbox is a pretty amazing service to share and keep files on the cloud. There is always privacy risks involved unless you put encrypted files in there but it is still undeniably great service.
I have a folder
Shares and inside it is where I put various files that I want to publicly share with people. I then use a modified version of Directory Watches workflow to scan through this folder from Alfred. I then modified one of the actions so that on pressing
return it gives me a shareable link of the file. Here is how that Alfred filter looks like for me:
It's pretty amazing as I can very easily query all the links I shared with anyone.
I also use Dropbox for sharing configuration of various apps.
- Replacing Dropbox in favor of DigitalOcean spaces (2021) (HN)
- Maestral - Open source Dropbox client. (Code) (HN)
- Dropbox Sync does not natively support Apple Silicon (Reddit) (HN) (Tweet)
- git-remote-dropbox - Transparent bidirectional bridge between Git and Dropbox.
- Dropbox Rust SDK
- dboxpaper - Client for Dropbox Paper.