Life Ascending is great book.
- If you work with any kind of evolutionary system or neural networks or meta-optimizers (Like Schmidhuber's Gödel machine) there comes a point when you realize that "intelligence", whatever it is, should be expected to arise. Evolution and meta-evolution proceed at the same time in life, so intelligence should be ambient in Nature.
- Evolution cares about one thing: do we have children and raise them to a point of self-sufficiency. Any time the answer is "no," natural selection will correct this or the species will go extinct. Any time the answer is "yes," natural selection says "Good enough!"
- When Evolution Is Infectious (HN)
- Evolutionary Algorithms implementations
- How animals evolve - Game about evolutionary biology.
- Charles Darwin’s Descent of Man, 150 Years Later (2021)
- Practical Evolutionary Algorithms
- What Made Early Humans Smart (2021) (HN)
- Learning to Fly: Let's simulate evolution in Rust (Code)
- Evol - Python grammar for evolutionary algorithms and heuristics. (Docs)
- Mating Contests Among Females May Shape Their Evolution (2021)
- Stanford reinforcement learning system simulates evolution (2021)
- biosim4 - Biological evolution simulator.
- MicroGP4 - Multi-purpose extensible self-adaptive evolutionary tool.
- Darwin Neuroevolution Framework - Intended to make Neuroevolution experiments easy, quick and fun.
- Secrets of Early Animal Evolution Revealed by Chromosome ‘Tectonics’ (2022)
- EvoJAX: Hardware-Accelerated Neuroevolution (2022) (Code)
- How organisms evolve without the information being known?
- Hacking evolution to grow super coral
- Nothing makes sense in deep learning, except in the light of evolution (2022)
- Life Ascending: The Ten Great Inventions of Evolution by Nick Lane
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
- ESTool - Evolution Strategies Tool.