- The key idea in semver is awareness. When I’m bumping versions of a bunch of libraries, I want to know which version bumps are most likely to cause breakage.
- Traditional versioning numbers give you the ability to tick the major number when something important happens, which is a really important communication tool.
- Semantic Versioning 2.0.0
- Semver trick - How to avoid complicated coordinated upgrades. (HN)
- Compatible Versioning
- The Semantics of Semantic Versioning? (2020) (Lobsters)
- VersioningRight - Rabbit hole of research on version numbering.
- beachball - Sunniest Semantic Version Bumper. Run all your npm scripts in topological order incrementally with cloud cache. (Web)
- Semantic Versioning Will Not Save You (2021) (Lobsters) (HN)
- svu - Semantic Version Util.
- Semver doesn't mean major.minor.patch, it means fails.features.bugs (HN)
- Calendar Versioning — CalVer - Versioning convention based on your project's release calendar, instead of arbitrary numbers. (Article) (Code)
- ZeroVer: 0-Based Versioning (HN) (Code)
- node-semver - Semver parser for node (the one npm uses).
- Setting a Semantic Versioning Budget (2021)
- Breaking Bad? Semantic Versioning and Impact of Breaking Changes in Maven Central (2021) (Tweet)
- semver-explain - Explain semver requirements by converting them into less than, greater than, and/or equal to form.