- True there are billions of concepts but if you think about it, a few concepts explain a ton of things. For e.g., incentives. A simple concept in theory but apply the right incentives if you are leading teams and you'll see a whole lot of improvements. And that's the beauty of mental models. You don't want billions of them. Maybe 20-30 of them have enough applicability for most of the things that you might want to change in your immediate milieu.
- Ask HN: Which books teach mental models?
- Mental Models: The Best Way to Make Intelligent Decisions (109 Models Explained)
- The Great Mental Models Project - Equalize opportunity in the world by making a high-quality multidisciplinary, interconnected, education free and available to everyone.
- Model Thinking Course
- The Power of Incentives: Inside the Hidden Forces That Shape Behavior
- Mental Models I Find Repeatedly Useful (2016)
- Applied thinking for intelligence analysis
- Critical Thinking for Strategic Intelligence book
- Untools - Tools for better thinking. (HN) (HN)
- Mental Models app - Tools to help you think better and navigate life better.
- Running list of mental models to analyze technology, business, and product strategy
- Measure: a mental model for decision-making (2019)
- Invert, always, invert (2020) (HN)
- Theory of Startups: a free book on mental models for startup founders (2020)
- Mentat Wiki - Exploring ways to become a better thinker. (HN)
- Convex and Concave Dispositions (2020)
- Thomas Sowell, a lesson in critical thinking (1995)
- Guide to my favorite mental models (2021)
- Ask HN: What mental models do you use everyday?
- Opt Out of Cynicism (HN)