Colin Farrell has my favorite accent. It's Irish but not as intense as in Derry Girls or Normal People and is understandable.
Some interesting words I like:
- Isomorphism - Mathematical mapping that admits an inverse.
- Sonder - The realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own—populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness—an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you’ll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
- Salient - Most noticeable or important.
- Numinous - Arousing spiritual or religious emotion; mysterious or awe-inspiring.
- Ask HN: I’m already fluent in English. How can I improve further? (2020)
- Historical Thesaurus of English (HN)
- Tense Present (2001) - Beautiful exploration of language and dialect.
- Common Errors in English Usage
- European Commission English Style Guide (HN)
- English is relatively easy to learn, but not to master (2018) (HN)
- An Interactive Guide to Ambiguous Grammar (2015)
- Why is English so weirdly different from other languages?
- The History of English Podcast - The Spoken History of a Global Language. (Twitter)
- Typos, tricks and misprints (HN)
- Politics and the English Language (1946) (HN) (Other UI)
- Weird English (2021) (HN)
- Moby Thesaurus - Largest English-language thesaurus. (Code)
- an-array-of-english-words - List of ~275,000 English words as JS package.
- Using the wrong dictionary (2014) (HN)
- What’s your favorite word to use, that most people don’t use?
- What’s the Difference Between American English and British English? (2022) (HN)
- Measuring the Similarity between Short English Phrases using Recurrent Neural Networks (2017)
- List Of English Words - Text file containing 479k English words for all your dictionary/word-based projects e.g: auto-completion / autosuggestion.
- The writers who translated Goethe became some of the best writers in English (2022) (HN)
- Urban Dictionary Word List
- Tutors / tips to change your English accent (2022)
- Word Ninja - Probabilistically split concatenated words using NLP based on English Wikipedia unigram frequencies.
- Over-reliance on English hinders cognitive science (2022)
- Fun phrases in English
- Wordhoard - Python module can be used to obtain antonyms, synonyms, hypernyms, hyponyms, homophones and definitions.