Regex Primer is great read.
I use regex101 every time I want write a new regex.
Pomsky is nice too.
Regular Expression Matching Can Be Simple And Fast & Regular Expression Matching: the Virtual Machine Approach are nice reads.
.*= will select all occurrences
- A regex is useful for validating simple patterns and for finding patterns in text. For anything beyond that it’s almost certainly a terrible choice.
Match if it has notes or twitter in input
Match all that don't have notes or twitter in input
- RegexLearn - Step by step, from zero to advanced. (HN) (Code)
- Learn regex the easy way
- Learn regex - Great reference.
- RegexOne - Learn Regular Expressions with simple, interactive exercises.
- Regular Expression in Python HOWTO - Good intro.
- Hyperscan - High-performance regular expression matching library.
- Oniguruma - Modern and flexible regular expressions library.
- Regex for Designers and UX Writers (2019)
- Regexes vs Combinatorial Parsing (2019)
- RegExr - Learn, Build & Test RegEx. (HN)
- regexgen - Generate regular expressions that match a set of strings. (Code)
- Regular Expressions - Computerphile (2020)
- Regex Tester - Visual regex tester.
- I hate Regex - Regex cheat sheet (HN) (Code)
- grex - Command-line tool and library for generating regular expressions from user-provided test cases.
- Regular Expressions for Regular Folk (HN)
- regHEX - Magical sticky regex-based parser generator.
- tiny-regex-c - Small portable regex in C.
- Structural Regular Expressions - Rob Pike (Lobsters)
- Regexes vs Combinatorial Parsing (2020) (HN)
- Regex Crossword
- RegEx Crossword 2
- libfsm - DFA regular expression library & friends.
- Python re(gex) book - Learn Python Regular Expressions step by step from beginner to advanced levels with hundreds of examples and exercises. (Code)
- Compile time regular expressions
- A Visual Guide to Regular Expression (2020)
- Emulating regexp lookarounds in GNU sed (2020)
- Try Regex - Interactive regex tutorial. (Code)
- Three Great Videos About Regex Derivatives (2020)
- Stephen Kleene's 1951 Paper Where He Introduces Regular Expressions
- Implementing Regular Expressions (Lobsters)
- Avoid RegEx (2021)
- RegEx Pal - Test your regular expressions quickly.
- Regular expression compilation visualized (HN)
- regex101 - Build, test, and debug regex. (Issues)
- igrepper - Interactive grepping using ncurses and rust.
- Some useful regular expressions for programmers (2021) (HN)
- Bling Fire - Lightning fast Finite State machine and REgular expression manipulation library.
- Let’s Build a Regex Engine (2019) (HN)
- GNU BRE/ERE cheatsheet and differences between grep, sed and awk (2021)
- The Best Regex Trick (2014) (HN)
- The Regular Expression Edition (2021) - On code, early neural networks, and once discredited AI pioneers.
- REXS - Language for writing regular expressions.
- Regex cheatsheet (Code)
- Regex Legends: The People Behind the Magic
- Orchestra - Visual language that compiles into RegExp.
- UltimateRegexResource - Ultimate collection of regex syntax and resources.
- Regex Generator - Generate regular expressions from sample texts. (Code)
- Regex-like domain-specific language for pattern matching syntax trees
- rxe - Literate and composable regular expressions.
- Recognize Regex Easily (2020)
- Regex literals optimization (2020)
- A DFA for submatches extraction (2020)
- regex-cache - Memoize the results of a call to the RegExp constructor, avoiding repetitious runtime compilation.
- tree-sitter-regex - Regex grammar for tree-sitter.
- rr4r - Rust regex for R.
- Regexes are Cool and Good (2022) (Lobsters)
- RegEx Library - Curated list of useful regular expressions for different programming languages.
- A Regular Expression Matcher
- Melody - Language that compiles to regular expressions and aims to be more easily readable and maintainable. (HN) (Reddit)
- Alternative Regex Syntax (Lobsters)
- Python support for regular expressions (2022)
- A regular expression to check for prime numbers (2007) (HN)
- Pomsky - New, portable, regular expression language. (Reddit) (Web) (HN) (HN) (Lobsters)
- rare - Real time regex-extraction and aggregation into common formats such as histograms, bar graphs, numerical summaries, tables, and more.
- Regex Vis - Regex visualizer & editor. (Code) (HN)
- I-Regexp - Interoperable Regexp Format.
- flexlint - Flexible linter with rules defined by regular expression.
- Animating Regular Expressions With Python and Graphviz (2022)
- Web tool to evaluate rust regular expressions (Code)
- super-regex - Make a regular expression time out if it takes too long to execute.
- patterns-finder - Simple, Fast, Powerful and Easily extensible python package for extracting patterns from text, with over than 60 predefined Regular Expressions.
- Utilties for the Developer. Regex, HTTP echo. Diffing (Code)
- Swift Regex - Online tool to learn, build and test Swift Regex Regex and Regex Builder. (Code)
- regexparam - Tiny (394B) utility that converts route patterns into RegExp.
- AutoRegex - Convert from English to RegEx with Natural Language Processing. (HN)
- magic-regexp - Compiled-away, type-safe, readable RegExp alternative.
- PRegEx - Programmable Regular Expressions.
- Rex - JS Library for writing complex RegExps with help of auto completion.
- On the Intersection of Context-Free and Regular Languages (2022)
- The Typing of the RegEX (HN)
- How Do Regular Expressions Really Work? (2020)
- Ken Thompson's NFA regex patent (HN)
- What if regular exercise is the best cognitive exercise? (2022) (HN)
- How Regexes Work (HN)
- qgrep - Fast regular expression grep for source code with incremental index updates.
- A Regex Primer (2022)
- nvim-regexplainer - Describe the regular expression under the cursor.
- Regular Expression Matching Can Be Simple And Fast (2007)
- Regular Expression Matching: the Virtual Machine Approach (2009)
- universalmutator - Regexp based tool for mutating generic source code across numerous languages.
- Regular Expression Matching with a Trigram Index (2012) (HN)
- Writing The Perfect RGB Regex And Failing (2023)
- Regex Library in Rust from Scratch (Finite-State Machines) (2021)
- Regex Derivatives (Brzozowski Derivatives)
- ChatGPT is a regex god
- Regex.ai - AI-powered regular expression generator. (HN)