Once I solve most of annoyances with software/productivity, I want to study biology & bioinformatics to find solutions for diseases.
Specifically want to try apply ML to find definitive cures for diseases.
Currently interested in finding cure for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis as someone I love struggles with it.
I am trying to learn a lot from any health degradation I get by noting things doctors operating me say and what I read myself. So as to make sure the disease is not likely to come back.
Some diseases are sadly unavoidable it seems even when you follow a healthy diet, exercise and sleep well.
- Hypothyroidism - Underactive thyroid.
- Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
- Anal fissure
- Leukemia (Reddit)
- Graft-versus-host disease (Reddit)
- Prion Diseases
- Crohn's disease
- How did we eradicate Smallpox? (2019)
- Leukemia Has Won (2019)
- Alzheimer's Disease - Pathology, Tangles, Beta Amyloids (2016)
- How an Alzheimer’s ‘cabal’ thwarted progress toward a cure (2019) (HN)
- Ask HN: How do you deal with chronic illness? (2020)
- Human Phenotype Ontology - Ontology for the description of human clinical features. (Code)
- ALZFORUM - Alzheimer Research Forum.
- Schizophrenia Explained (2010) - How brain chemical balance directly affects our thinking.
- Notes on Type 1 Diabetes
- The role of different brain cell types in prion disease (2021)
- Ask HN: How to be my own genetic disease researcher for my partner? (2021)
- Как я лечусь от туберкулеза
- 75 years of research on human diseases in 1 minute
- Ask HN: How to raise funds for rare disease research? (2022)
- A Woman Is Cured of H.I.V. Using a Novel Treatment (2022) (Tweet) (HN)
- The Unreasonable Math of Type 1 Diabetes (2022) (HN)
- An ALS Protein, Revealed (2022) (HN)
- A new science of mental disorders: Using personalised, transdiagnostic, dynamical systems to understand, model, diagnose and treat psychopathology (2022)
- What causes the "mental/brain fog" during a flu or a cold and why?
- What causes Alzheimer's? Scientists are rethinking the answer (2022) (HN)
- Colon Resection
- Schizophrenia: The new etiological synthesis (2022) (HN)